Monday, March 8, 2010

Adam and Eve: The Fall

       Cain and his wife were siblings yet they were able to conceive. The occurance listed beloe made me realize the importance of different opinions in discovering the truth. There was this person that I knew that believed that since Cain and his wife could reproduce they were not siblings. The issue arose due to the increased risk of malformations in the children. Yet there were no defects known among Cain's children. This made me wonder how could it work when the risk of birth defects could increase. Cain and his wife were the children of Adam and Eve. I believe Adam and Eve possessed the highest level of genetic stability that humanity had been able to reach. Cain and his wife were the children of Adam and Eve and thus there would have been little genetic degradation. This means the the sons and daughters of Adam and Eve could have reproduced without any to very little genetic damage due to the low chance of entropic decay among Adam and Eve's children. This person believed that the wife of Cain came from another tribe, possibly from another couple outside of the Garden. Where would this couple have come from? Why would God have made another couple outside of the Garden? He could not answer these questions. I joked that maybe they evolved hence how God knew how to make humans. He did not seemed amused by that one. But it did make me think. I had discovered my reason why I believed that the wife of Cain was the daughter of Adam and Eve was due to this man's belief in the contrary.It forced me to evaluate my beliefs and make a decision. It was on that day that I could vehementally disagree with someone and that disagreement could lead to discoveries if approached with rationality.

No comments:

Post a Comment